2017 Sonoma County Fair, August 3 - August 13
- August 3 - August 13
Wine Country Racing Dates
- August 3 - August 6
- August 10 - August 13
- August 18 - August 20 (after Fair)
- Gates open daily 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Carnival Lots
Opening Day Thursday, August 3 - Open 3:00 PM
Monday-Friday - Open Noon
Saturdays - Open 11:00 AM
Sundays - Open 11:00 AM
- Exhibit buildings open 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Location & Directions
- Fair Box Office located at the front of Grace Pavilion
- 1350 Bennet Valley Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
- Click here for directions & area map
- Click here for a fairgrounds map
- Click here for a parking map
Tickets on sale April 29
All tickets go on sale Saturday, April 29 at the Box Office at 8:00 AM and Online starting at 12:00 Noon.
FAIR BOX OFFICE - LOCATED INSIDE THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
1350 Bennett Valley Road in Santa Rosa
(Fair Box Office will move to the front of Grace Pavilion approximately two weeks before Fair opens.)
Pre-Fair Box Office Hours:
- Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
- Open Saturdays 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, starting July 8
Pre-Sale discounts are available at SonomaCountyFair.com or at the Fair Box Office until August 2 or while supplies last. Tickets are not available by phone.
Please note: There are handling fees for all tickets sold on-line. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, debit cards and cash. Sorry, we cannot accept personal checks.
- Single General Admission Tickets
(Ages 13+) $10 ($13 after August 2)
- Single Kids Admission Tickets
(Ages 7 - 12) $7
- Kids (6 and Younger)
FREE Every Day
- Carnival Pre-Sale COMBO
$48 Value - Pre-Sale Price $33
Good any day of the Fair! Includes Fair Admission, and a wristband to ride all day at our NEW, more spectacular carnival. Only available through August 2.
- Carnival Pre-Sale
$30-35 Value - Pre-Sale Price $25
Good any day of the Fair! Includes one unlimited ride wristband. Only available Online and at the Fair Box Office through August 2. Does not include Fair admission.
Box Office Only Pre-Sale Discounts
Season Passes & Family Packs will be sold at the Fairground Box Office ONLY and will be available through August 2 or while supplies last.
- Season Admission Pass
(Non-transferable) $143 Value - Pre-Sale Price $40
One person may attend all 11 days with this pass!
- Family Pack
$61 Value - Pre-Sale Price $45
Includes: 3 General Admissions, 2 Kids Admissions, one $8 Parking Pass.
Fair Admission Discount Days
Deals valid day-of only and are available at the gate only.
Kids' Day THURSDAYS Children 12 and younger receive free General Admission to the Fair every THURSDAY.
Seniors' Day FRIDAYS
Seniors 60+ receive free General Admission to the Fair every FRIDAY.
"Thanksgiving" Food Drive – Saturday, August 12 – 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM ONLY
Bring 2 non-perishable food items for the Redwood Empire Food Bank and get $4 off on General Admission to the Fair. Limit: 1 discount/person.
Wine Country Racing Tickets
Please Note: Purchase of Fair Admission is required to attend Wine Country Racing and must be purchased in addition to seating (except for After Fair).
RACE DATES: August 3 - 6, August 10 - 13, August 18 -August 20 (After Fair)
- Grandstand Seat - $3.00
- Box Seat - $5.00
- Preferred Grandstand - $5.00
- Season Box Seating - $810 includes 8 days of Fair admission & box seating for 6
- VIP Tent - $40/pp, 50 person minimum. Includes a VIP tented location near the racing grandstand that is yours for an entire day. Enjoy an all-inclusive, catered BBQ buffet lunch for your guests with non-alcoholic beverages, security and serving staff, fair admission, parking and more! Limited availbility. Only sold at the Box Office.
- Trackside Dining - $160 per table of 4. Reserved table for 4 within the box seating sections. Includes table service and elegant buffet meal. Drinks and required Fair admission sold separately. Available for purchase at the box office and online.
- Trackside Dining AFTER Fair (August 18 - 20) - $70 per table of 4. Reserved table for 4 within the box seating sections. Includes cocktail service. Drinks sold separately. Available for purchase at the box office and online. Please note, there will be NO buffet meal with Trackside Dining AFTER the Fair.
- Paddock View Dining - $600. Reserved seating section for up to 26. Includes Fair admission and official racing programs for the group. Food and drink are sold separately. Catering options available for additional fee. Available for purchase at the box office only.
- Pavilion Lot - $10
- Median Lot - $10
- Veterans Lot - $8
- Brookwood Lot - $8
- Aston Avenue Lot - $8
In order to develop an equitable parking policy, we have increased the number of parking spaces for disabled persons, and the same parking fees for each lot are charged for all spaces in that lot. Please be advised that the number of spaces for disabled persons is still limited, however, and early arrival is the best method of obtaining a more close-in space.
Free Bicycle Parking
Free bicycle parking is available each entrance gate.
Parents' Rest Station
A clean, quiet place to nurse or change your baby or take a break in the shade. Open 11 AM - 8 PM in the Kids Area, just inside the Brookwood Gate
Located by the Milk Barn and Racing Grandstand just south of Sliders Gastro Pub & Sports Bar, also known as the Showcase Cafe.
Lost & Found
Items are taken to Guest Services located on the outer East side of Grace Pavilion.
Reclaim your lost child at the Parents' Rest Area in the Kids' Area until 8:00 PM, and at Guest Services located on the outer East side of Grace Pavilion after 8:00 PM.
Strollers & Wheelchairs
Available for rent during the Fair inside the Brookwood Gate. A valid driver's license, state ID or military ID is required for deposit.
- Strollers $10-$15
- Wagons $15
- Wheelchairs* $20 ($10 on Seniors' Day)(250lb limit)
- Electric Scooters* $50 per day (450lb limit)
- * First Come, First Served
The following items are not allowed on the fairgrounds:
- Pets, with the exception of service dogs
- Glass bottles or metal cans/containers
- Guns, mace, clubs or any item determined to be a weapon by Fair security
- Alcoholic beverages (none allowed through gate; beverages are available for purchase on the grounds)
- Squirt guns or balloons (through the gate)
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters
- Ice chests or food purchased from restaurants outside Fairgrounds
Chairs will not be allowed on the Community Theater lawn area. Blankets are OK.
Homemade lunches or snacks and a container of water per person will be allowed.
All buildings on the grounds are wheelchair-accessible; an elevator with operator is on the north end of the racing grandstand to access upper level.
For your convenience, ATM machines are located throughout the Fairgrounds, including:
- Near the Brookwood Gate
- In the Wine Country Racing Grandstand
- In Mexican Village
- Around the carnival lot
- In Grace Pavilion
Sonoma County Fair Smoking Policy
The Sonoma County Fairground is a smoke-free campus, Sonoma County ordinances 5974 and 5953. During the Fair we provide limited designated smoking areas as noted below.
- Outside the Chris Beck Arena
- Designated open patios in the Racing Grandstands
Once inside, stop by our information booths for daily schedule updates, lost & found or general assistance. Information Booths may be found:
- Inside the Brookwood Gate
- Near the main entrance to Wine Country Racing Grandstand
Thanks to Professional Event Service for sponsoring the 2016 Information Booths!
Take advantage of our affordable and convenient RV Park!
Ask about special Fair rates at Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa! You may also check out our list of local hotels within 5 miles of the Fairgrounds.
Visit Santa Rosa maintains a list of other area hotels and motels.
Please use the blue cans placed throughout the fairgrounds for your cans and bottles!