All eyes are on the track...but not for horse racing. The hottest racers around are actually little dogs!
See you next year!
- The final entrants, race numbers and starting times will be posted here approximately 36 hours before the race.
- There will be a maximum of 8 preliminary heats.
- If there are fewer than 96 entries, the number of heats will be adjusted accordingly.
- The top finisher from each heat will advance to the Championship Race.
- Unfortunately, your dog must remain the Grandstand Area and is NOT permitted on the rest of the Fairgrounds. Only service dogs are permitted on the Fairground Midway and we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Race distance is approximately 50 yards (+/-)
- Fill out the entry form ONLINE. (No paper applications accepted.)
- Download, complete/sign and return the Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement. Mail or deliver the form to: Sonoma County Fair, Derby Dog Dash, 1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95404; or Email to: email@example.com
The derby dog races will be held at the Racing Grandstand on the Fairgrounds. The check in area is located on the bottom level at the Racing Promotions table. There is plenty of shaded space in and around the Grandstand, please feel free to bring your own chairs. We will have water available for the dogs. You can bring your own bowl or use community bowls that we provide.
- Dog owners can park in any of the Fairground lots and will have to pay to park.
- Admission to the Fair is free for dog owners (2 free admissions per dog).
- Please take all dogs through Gate 1 just to the right of Grace Pavilion as you face the Pavilion. You will not need an admission ticket, but you will need to be on the pre-registration list.
- Two persons per dog will be admitted through the gate.
- All dogs must remain on a leash and in the Racing Grandstand Area.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct by the handlers will cause for immediate elimination, at management’s discretion.
INFORMATION MAY BE USED FOR PUBLICITY OR PRESS RELEASES, RACE OFFICIALS WILL GROUP DOGS WITH SIMILAR WEIGHT & RACE EXPERIENCE WHEN POSSIBLE.
QUESTIONS? Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org