PIRATES, PRINCESSES, AND MERMAIDS TOO
We are celebrating pirates, princesses and mermaids with games, dress up, and crafty art projects. young fairgoers can play on our kid-size pirate ship. there will be daily rounds of our favorite games, "Throw the rats off the Ship!"
Every day at 1:30, 3:30, and 6:30, ventriloquist Steve Chaney and his sidekick, Cornelius the Crowe will be putting on a tropical show on the Kids Area Stage. There will be special (furry!) guests.
There's always a reason for free cake! Stay alert...when you see the cake cart arrive, get in line and claim your free piece.
FREE CLOVER CHOCOLATE MILK!
Don't miss your chance to receive FREE chocolate milk and a cookie at the Clover Sonoma Pasture, everyday from 1:00 - 4:00 pm or until supplies last!
TOUR THE FAIR ON A HORSE-PULLED WAGON
Free Rides Daily this is the way to see the Fair's Livestock Area, from a wagon pulled by draft horses. You'll roll along past the sheep barns, the cattle barns and the livestock area. Catch a ride at the "Welcome to the Livestock Area" sign. Check your daily schedule for times.
Strolling bands, floats, giant puppets and kids in costume are just the beginning! The Parade starts at 5:00 pm and lasts just 15 minutes. If you would like to be in that parade, just go to the staging area (by the Milk Barn) by 4:45 pm. You can march along while playing a drum, twirling a baton, wearing a grape costume or pulling a wagon...there are possibilities to fit all sizes and talents. We want YOU to be in the parade!
40 FUN FREE THINGS TO DO AT THIS YEAR'S FAIR
1. Enjoy one of our FREE Headline Concerts in Community Theater.
2. Watch a horse race.
3. Eat a free Clover ice cream cone.
4. Pet some animals at the Great American Petting Zoo
5. Milk a cow at Sweet Lil's Farm.
6. Watch chicks hatch at Sweet Lil's Farm.
7. Talk to a 4-H exhibitor about his or her animal in the Livestock Area.
8. Enter a contest and win a ribbon!
9. Sit down and listen to live music in Shade Park.
10. When you arrive at the Fair, get free "If I Look Lost" stickers for your kids.
11. Dance along to free live music throughout the fairgrounds.
12. Watch or join the Fair parade every day at 5:00 pm.
13. Watch a demonstration in Grace Pavilion.
14. Visit the Garden Building.
15. Cheer on your favorite dog in the Derby Dog Dash!
16. On Thursday, kids ages 12 & under get into the Fair for FREE!
17. On Fridays, seniors ages 60 & up get into the Fair for $1!
18. Sit on a bench and experience the best people-watching anywhere.
19. Go to the Racing Paddock to watch the horses get ready to race and guess who will win.
21. Enjoy watching an amazing carnival ride.
22. Enter the Grape Expectoration (spitting) contest.
23. Watch a cow milking demonstration at the Milk Barn.
24. Check out a life size animatronic dinosaur in the Hall of Flowers.
25. Watch the Cartoon Poodles dance across Hilltop Stage .
26. Get ready to see reptiles, amphibians, and arthropods from the near and far corners of the world.
27. Do some AGXPloring in the Saralee & Richard Barn
28. Attend the Junior Livestock Auction, and see the auctioneers in action.
29. Enter something you made, raised or grew in the Fair and get into the Fair for FREE!
30. Participate in the Watermelon Obstacle on Farmers Day.
31. Vote for your favorite quilt.
32. Vote for your favorite picture.
33. Tropical Penguin Imitation Contest.
34. Go to the Hall of Flowers and ask a Master Gardener a question.
35. Get up close with Lorikeet birds at Hilltop Stage.
36. Watch babies race in the Diaper Derby.
37. Make friends with an alligator at Brad's Worls Repiltes' Creature Extreme!.
38. Join the Fiesta in Mexican Village.
39. Enter the Bubblegum Bubble Blowing Contest and get a free piece of gum.
40. Enter the Derby Dog Dash, held on Sundays in between horse races.