The 2023 Sonoma County Fair Flower Show Scholarship Application is now available and due by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31st. Completed applications should be emailed to the Entry Office.
JUNIOR AWARDS DEPARTMENT
The Sonoma County Fair & Exposition Inc. will offer the following scholarships to students who have graduated from high school and are planning to attend college in the fall. Eligibility is limited to individuals pursuing a degree in an agricultural-related enterprise.
1. Scholarships ranging from $1,000.00 to $2,500.00 each will be available to students who will be attending a 4-year college in the fall of 2023.
2. Scholarships ranging from $250.00 to $500.00 each will be available to students who will be attending Santa Rosa Junior College in the fall of 2023 These scholarships are open to any student whose family resides in Sonoma or Marin Counties. Applications are available at sonomacountyfair.com. Completed applications are due in the Entry Office of the Sonoma County Fair by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 31st. Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Money for these scholarships is generated from the Flower Show Preview. Recipients must be present at the Hall of Flowers Preview (Wednesday, August 2nd) to receive scholarship money. Recipients will be limited to a maximum of two times to receive any scholarship. Scholarship checks will be mailed upon proof of registration. The funds will only be available for one year following June 30, 2023. Candidates for the 4-year college scholarship must meet one of the following criteria:
• Students transferring from S.R.J.C. to a 4-year college (must be transferring in 2023) as an agriculture major.
• High school graduates of this year going directly to a 4-year college as an agriculture major.
• Continuing students at a 4-year college majoring in agriculture earning their first degree. (Individuals seeking an advanced degree are not eligible) 4-year college scholarship applicants will be judged on neatness and completeness of application and oral interview. Applicants must be present and in uniform (if applicable) for the interview. Applicants will be pre-screened to 20 finalists that will get interviews. Applicants will be contacted by email to inform them of their interview time. No rescheduling will be permitted. Candidates for the SRJC scholarship must meet the following criteria:
• Be a graduate from a high school located in Sonoma or Marin counties and planning to attend/attending S.R.J.C. in the fall of 2023 and pursuing a degree in agriculture. S.R.J.C. scholarship applicants will be judged on neatness and completeness of application. No interview will be held.
Complete application packets will consist of: 1. Completed Application 2. At least one, maximum of two recommendation letters 3. Official Transcripts 4. Photograph for Publication